Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interview question please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyma

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got a on-site interview next week about the front-end ASIC design engineer position. This is a junior position. I have already collected all the interview quesions I can find in this forum. They are a big amount, and cover the different steps of the design. So bad that I do not have enough time to complete them all. I wanna know what the fundamental knowledge I must know? The hiring manager told me I would talk with all the members in the team during the interview. I wonder what questions the team members will ask. I really treasure this opportunity, so please give me some suggestion. Thanks a lot!

If you are a fresh grad, they will ask about elec theory, If you are an experienced engineer, they will ask about the projects you joined, what is your responsibilities in that projects ...
Just my experience :)

I am sure any good company would expect the basics to be strong.
however ASIC design flow is a hot choice.

hi vickyma,

please tell us u r an fresh gradute or an exp. have undergon any training then i will help u.

regards
rameshs

u see the basics of digital design
timing constrainsts in the filpflops and registers
sequence detectors.
some puzzles related to hardware

It is Vicky. I am new-grad from the graduate school without any employment experience.

vickyma said:
It is Vicky. I am new-grad from the graduate school without any employment experience.

I think you should understand the basic ASIC knowledge, such as design flow, design tools, etc. In each step of front_end design flow, there are a lots of issue to understand.

For example:

1) RTL coding:

How to write a good code, which coding style is the best, how to write a sythsisable code, what difference between flip_flop and latch, when we use flip_flop, when we use latch. how to avoid latch in writing RTL code?

2) Synthsis
how about constraint, each constraint means what for the chip?

3) Timing
what is timing path? what is critical path? how to handl critical path?

4) computer knowledge
what is interrupt? ......

There are a lots of questions. Good luck !

David

Yeah, there could be lots of qustions for you.
Being new grads, the most important thing is to show the employeer your strong basics and the great potentials. If they are looking for juniors, then be careful with questions that you are not sure, the wrong answers are worse than telling them you are not sure but willing to learn , or ask them to allow you to "guess", ....

quan228228 said:
vickyma said:

For example:

1) RTL coding:

How to write a good code, which coding style is the best, how to write a sythsisable code, what difference between flip_flop and latch, when we use flip_flop, when we use latch. how to avoid latch in writing RTL code?

2) Synthsis
how about constraint, each constraint means what for the chip?

3) Timing
what is timing path? what is critical path? how to handl critical path?

David

Hey do they ask these stuff tooo ??
mindblowing ..without any exp ..how can u expect to answer these questions ...
If the curriculum of university doesnt include these .. then its almost impossible . ..

I think u shud be Gud in few Programming lang lik C C++ n Digital design will help u a lot
Shiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back