Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Interfacing USB to PIC24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raady Here

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC24FJ128GC006
MPLab8.8V,

Hi,

I am trying to interface a USB to my PIC, can any body provide the interface connections.

In my project I am monitoring adc channel and do the required calculation on it and can see those working fine by printing on Hyeprterminal. Now need to save those values by adding a USB and switch button , so that if I press the switch button it will save that variables in the USB as a file. As a part of it I am trying to interface USB to my PIC, unfortunately I didn't any relevant documents. how I can proceed further ?

Pins that I have for USB are Vcc,D+,D-,Gnd.

I have gone through it, but its about connections with Micro/mini USB devices, I need connections for a standard USB flash device, thats why I mentioned I have only 4 pins on my USB - D+,D-,Vcc,Gnd. I got confused where to connect Vbus in this case and how do I get device address when no connections could be made to USBID.

IN that case you are using the USB on the PIC in host mode and so Figure 27-7 in the FRM document mentioned by Ravindragudi and in particular look at Note 1. You might not want the circuit connected tothe "A/D pin" but you WILL want the 5V to the Vcc pin of the USB connector.
Also look in the Microchip Application Library for the USB host MSD demo code.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.