Interconnect length estimation and modelling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resistance

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know whether its possible to estimate interconnect lengths and their corresponding RC values with just the final netlist(after synthesis) before place and route??
I know it would be approx but is it possible??

Any tools starting from Asic tools to tools in spice ? any way to do it.???

Answers with references are welcome..

Regards.

is it possible to estimate interconnect length approx before P&R ? it may not be possible coz,assume that if 2 cells has to pass some signal (rather communicate). if your cells are not placed , how can v find the relative distance between them . thus interconnect length estimation may not be possible.

correct me if i am wrong

Hi nav_vlsi,

Actually I know that but wat I want to do is estimate approx the interconnect length even before p&r..
Jus by the hierarchy of the design or by the area occupied each module within the top module can we come with a rough idea of the interconnect length is my Q?

regards.

Resistance,

Even with area of modules known, you cannot estimate wirelengths since at a minimum you need to know relative placements of these blocks. You will not be better off than a wireload model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…