Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importing PADS file in AnsoftLinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikaz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to SI analysis for pcb board (.pcb file) in Ansoft SIwave. Using PADS layout tool I converted into ASCII file (.asc). When I try to import through AnsoftLink the error message "conversion of PADS design to ANF V2 failed; could not import". Anyone have faced such problem and any ideas how to solve.....plz give comments

100_1339767549.jpg

Thanks all, rikaz

Hello,

I am currently researching this same error. If you have found a solution, I would appreciate it of you post it. Otherwise, I will post it when I find it.

Thanks,

Guy

hi guys, why are you converting to ascii? do you have the ECADS? it is way simple with that :). what other export (convert) options do you have? I used to use the alinks, but since it was replaced with the ECADs...

hi guys, why are you converting to ascii? do you have the ECADS? it is way simple with that :). what other export (convert) options do you have? I used to use the alinks, but since it was replaced with the ECADs...

I am using alinks because it exports to HFSS. Is this something ECADs does as well.

Thanks for your reply.

Guy

well... actually, ECADs uses alinks to export to different ansys (previouly ansoft) tools, SIWave and HFSS among others :).

Hi, I was once encountered that thing... i don't know how to solve.... need help.. :-(

like I said, for alinks version >5, you need the ECADs translator, for version 4 you need the Alinks Integrator. it will integrate to your layout tool... and you can export it directly to alinks, SIWave, HFSS, Q3D, etc. I dunno if there is a standalone though.

Hi All,
I found one solution...there is no need for converting to ASCII...from the board file in Allegro itself we can export to AnsoftLink or SIwave...it is easy. Invoking SIwave from Allegro does not need separate license. Allegro 15.7, 16.2, 16.3 has all this facility in PCB designer not in PCB SI. If that option is not coming plz check your installation
Thanks all for your ideas
Rikaz

Status
Not open for further replies.