Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Compiler and plibs

Status
Not open for further replies.

snp33

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all

I am using ic compiler for the first time so i dont know if I am doing something wrong or if my plib file is erroneous. This is what happens when I try to create a library using my plib file:

icc_shell> create_mw_lib -plib ../CORX90GPSVT.plib newlib
Wrote the 'CORX90GPSVT' library to '/home/samuel/aes/run/tech.pdb' successfully.
WARNING : **** No technology information!
Warning: Preset gridResolution to 10, please check. (MWLIBP-017)
Start to load technology file .pdbin_dummy.tf.
Technology file .pdbin_dummy.tf has been loaded successfully.
Warning: No time_conversion_factor has been specified for the physical library. It is set to default '1e+3' . (MWLIBP-030)
Warning: No power_conversion_factor has been specified for the physical library. It is set to default '1e+6' . (MWLIBP-030)
Warning: No voltage_conversion_factor has been specified for the physical library. It is set to default '1e+6' . (MWLIBP-030)
Cannot perform requested operation.

Done.

Warning: No reference library is offered. So preferredrouting direction can't be set. (MWUI-216)

After these messages the tool creates a library but it contains no physical data at all... therefore i cant perform placement, routing, etc...

ANy toughts?

Did you solve this problem?
I use the same library as you, and got the exactly same problem.

I have contacted synopsys support and the problem lies in the file. It does not contain all the info ic compiler needs to start the flow

(although the console messages are not that descriptive that is what actually happened)

to use this library u would have to start the flow using another plib file, tech file or lef file combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back