Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBIS Simulation concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyaskm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a very basic question regarding the IBIS models and the way the simulator understands them.

I observe that the IBIS models have the V-I characteristics and the V-T waveforms to
reflect the way the buffers behave.
If we have a capacitive /transmission line load in my simulation set up, How will the simulator extrapolate the
Information from the resistive load scenario that we have captured in the V-T waveform.
Is there any document that I could get to read about? Or can you give a brief overview of how the simulator understands these models?

Best Regards,
Shreays

IBIS main site may have the info you require:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Hello,

There are actually parameters in IBIS to model the load capacitance. One parameter under which such effect can be captured is 'Cdiff'. This parameter is almost synonymous to C_comp which refers to the overall capacitance of the buffer. The Cdiff however gives capacitance found across output pads. For more info on how it is extracted, please refer to Pg42 of the following IBIS Cookbook.

www.eda.org/ibis/cookbook/cookbook-v4.pdf

I hope it helps,

Reactions: marce

marce

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back