Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] I have designed one PCB board. Any suggestion to improve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsuhh

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The pcb layout is as follows:

Top:
top.jpg

Bottom:
bottom.jpg

Hi ,
try to avoid the sharp edge in top and bottom layer;let me know which tool r u using now ???

nice work ...I think u can add some more GND vias in top side empty space ,to fill with copper pour.

Thank you, guys. I am using allegro.

In TOP Layer Bottom right side to middle reduce the clearance so, that you will get more copper in Top layer which is reference for BOTTOM layer outed traces.....

You have breaks in your GND plane, potentially reducing the ability for return currents to flow properly.
You would be better bringing your tracks onto the Blue side as soon as you can so that you do not ad splits in the copper.

Without a silkscreen legend to identify the components I cannot comment on other problems as I cannot identify them to you.

But I see a pad where the track exits badly.
Research "teardrops" and either use those or come out of the connector pads with thicker tracks then thin them down where needed, this will prevent broken tracks when connectors move.

Reactions: zsuhh

zsuhh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much, Mattylad. I am just planning to add the "teardrops" and fine tuning the GND plane.

Hi,

i see a lot of ICs but nowhere wide supply lines and decoupling capacitors.

No filtering and ESD protection of the IOs needed?

Klaus

Reactions: zsuhh

zsuhh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, Klaus,

It is a very good point for the decoupling capacitors. I will add 0.1uf decoupling capacitor for each IC. Thank you.

Hi guys,

I have updated the designed based on the following aspects:
(1)add "teardrops";
(2)fine tuning the GND plane;
(3)add decoupling capacitors;

the top, bottom and silk pictures are as follows:

bottom2.jpg
top2.jpg
silk2.jpg

Any comment? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.