Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I dont have a pin shortcut in my pcb editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoboss

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I also dont have a layout->pin option in my pcb editor. Is this because of something wrong with the integrity of my program files or is there a step between making a board outline and adding pins that im missing?

Well, I’ll just put on my magic hat to divine what software you’re using and what you mean by “pin shortcut” or ”layout -> pin option”

I also dont have a layout->pin option in my pcb editor. Is this because of something wrong with the integrity of my program files or is there a step between making a board outline and adding pins that im missing?
Sorry I thought this was a forum for orcad

Generally, you don't place "pins" in a layout editor, you place components. Most tools expect single pin components to be defined in the footprint- and component editor before placing them.

What do you want to achieve?

I am trying to use orcad to replicate an arduino as practice for creating other pcb boards i just dont really know how to accomplish this. I was just really confused because the guide online to set pins had options that i didnt in orcad so I thought something was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back