Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hp deskjet 3845 automatically turns on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_ages

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there again...i have this hp deskjet 3845 and when I plug it in an outlet it automatically turn itself on without I pushing the power button, the power on led light is keep on flashing. Any help will be much appreciated.tnx

My Lexmark printer also turns on when plugged in. The print cartridge moves back and forth momentarily. Then it parks itself. Then the printer turns off.

Is your cartridge installed? Is it able to park? Parking is important so that the jets can be covered by a rubber seal so they won't dry out.

If the printer detects anything wrong it will flash a light.

Does the printer work okay the rest of the time? Does it turn on automatically when you send a print job? Etc.

Last edited:

yes, the cartridges are parked properly, i've tried to connect it with the PC and there's an error message that says paper jam, remove the back cover...I've tried to remove the back cover, blower it, actually i've dismantled the whole printer, blower it, put it back, but still comes up with the same error.

paper error without any paper in printer , indicate the failure of paper detection sensor.

if you can open the cover , try to remove all connector related to sensor , clean and reinsert.
if it still errors , see the service personnel.

the printer is now stable, though it prints but after printing a few seconds it stops.No flashing of light is observed, and no error messages. When test print is executed on its properties only 3/4 of the text WINDOWS XP is printed then it will stop. Any ideas?....=')

It's a question whether it stops due to a fault when a page is 3/4 of the way emerged, or because of a fault inside the computer system.

There's always the possibility of a conflict in the port or resource assignments. This may turn up in the Device Manager list. Look for a yellow triangle warning of a conflict or problem.

Can you open the Event viewer? Check both the system reports, and application reports.

This is a long shot, but it sounds typical of the computer letting the printer operate for a few seconds, then it discovers an old print job that never got finished printing, but the old print job became corrupted, and suddenly everything hangs.

Try opening the printer queue when this happens. It might show something interfering.

Is this the only printer driver you have installed? Did you try uninstalling the printer in the Printer and Fax window? Then re-installing?

Also, some problems get solved after downloading the latest printer driver package.

thanks for the information bradtherad...='), by the what should i look in system reports and application reports?

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

I've already tried re-installing the driver and printer but no luck.
I think I've installed the latest driver since it is from hp's site.

A malfunction of the printer ought to show up as an alert message in either the system reports or application reports.

Sort the messages by how recently they occurred.

Open the most recent message and see if it has to do with printing. If not then click the arrow labelled 'next message'.

You may have to read through several messages.

You may or may not find one that has to do with printing. It all depends on how professional a job Microsoft did in creating their OS.

HP3845 Deskjet,
I am sorry to add my bad experience with 384x series was a problematic. As I do repair the printers, many are in my junk retired just for the same problem. Some printers showed s friendly revival from this trouble, as I dismantled all part by part and washed with good warm water and some powder soap, the PCB, The whole body which had a lot of ink deposited around and the sensors (paper detector, end of paper detector) and dried with pressurized air. But most of them gone in junk. Even my experience they gone bad just after 2 months in service. There is no problem in PC or drivers, just the printer.

A malfunction of the printer ought to show up as an alert message in either the system reports or application reports.

Sort the messages by how recently they occurred.

Open the most recent message and see if it has to do with printing. If not then click the arrow labelled 'next message'.

You may have to read through several messages.

You may or may not find one that has to do with printing. It all depends on how professional a job Microsoft did in creating their OS.

I've read msgs from the reports but I have no luck seeing error reports regarding with the printer. But still thank you for the help.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

HP3845 Deskjet,
I am sorry to add my bad experience with 384x series was a problematic. As I do repair the printers, many are in my junk retired just for the same problem. Some printers showed s friendly revival from this trouble, as I dismantled all part by part and washed with good warm water and some powder soap, the PCB, The whole body which had a lot of ink deposited around and the sensors (paper detector, end of paper detector) and dried with pressurized air. But most of them gone in junk. Even my experience they gone bad just after 2 months in service. There is no problem in PC or drivers, just the printer.
Is it safe to wash the PCB with water?I mean there are charge capacitors in there, wouldn't they'll cause short circuit?

If there's no error message then it means the test page was transmitted to the printer successfully.

However you state the printer did 3/4 of it and then 'lost it'. No error message was sent back to the computer. Bad news.

You can wash the board with water. It's standard procedure in at least one refurbishing lab I heard about.

It will not discharge capacitors so drastically that you need to worry about it.

Can't be sure what soap will do to the board however. Not sure if there's non-conductive detergent. Could there be a soap that's guaranteed NOT to conduct electricity?

dark_ages,
I wished you were near me (I think I am far away from you) and I could have demonstrated you the washing procedure. I have been washing the PCBs when ever needed and till now got no problem. Just one instance, as me a Biomedical engineer, I got one X-Ray machine spoiled by mice. They converted the machine console into a big residential area and pissed 3 Big PCBs and the components on there were Sulphated, I washed them with Hot Water and Soap and dried them with Pressurized air and you know result, THEY WERE WORKING. Only take care if there are some transformers or inductors (in your case nothing) and do not allow water to seep in the Windings and let the washed board be dried immediately after wash. Clean all the Opto Sensors in detail. Wish you enjoy a good nice Printings.

See if paper size settings are not for a small paper.

dark_ages,
I wished you were near me (I think I am far away from you) and I could have demonstrated you the washing procedure. I have been washing the PCBs when ever needed and till now got no problem. Just one instance, as me a Biomedical engineer, I got one X-Ray machine spoiled by mice. They converted the machine console into a big residential area and pissed 3 Big PCBs and the components on there were Sulphated, I washed them with Hot Water and Soap and dried them with Pressurized air and you know result, THEY WERE WORKING. Only take care if there are some transformers or inductors (in your case nothing) and do not allow water to seep in the Windings and let the washed board be dried immediately after wash. Clean all the Opto Sensors in detail. Wish you enjoy a good nice Printings.
thnx Raza,
what soap did you use?I am from philippines and I'm sure we're very far from one another, but I guess it wouldn't be a big problem. Having your post on my thread is a big2 help. tnks again...=')
By the way, is it ok if I wouldn't use pressurized air for drying?

I normally use any Bathing soap. There is absolutely no problem on Pressurized air, you can simply use Air Blower. But drying with air is good as it immediately takes off all the water residues which is essential after washing with water.
Yes it should not be a any problem rather than big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.