Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How useful are the jedec and ipc standards for pcb design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijug007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jedec & ipc

how jedec and ipc standards are usefull for pcb designing?

Re: jedec & ipc

IPC is a globally-accepted industry standard which streamlines the communication between suppliers, manufacturers, assemblers and their customers. For more information visit the h**p://www.ipc.org/.
For jedec , you can refer https://www.jedec.org/

Not only does the IPC bridge the gap between design and manufacturing by establishing design guidelines, they also nail down the physical packages of parts based on an industry standard name. This means that an 0805 resistor from one manufacturer will fit into a pcb footprint created for an 0805 resistor initially bought from a different manufacturer. I just wish their documents weren't so expensive.

jedec & ipc

some ipc standards seem to be quite useless. they ask money for them. For example they describe that i can put components only on one side of the PCB, but if i want then i can put on both... good news :) without the ipc, i newer would realize it.

on the other hand, there are for example impedance caclulation equations, come from IPC standards.

Hi,

They spend lots of money on research and devlopment process and you call them useless.Nevertheless, they have their own sets of standard guidelines for all the design aspect in Pcb Designing including componet creation etc,if we need to deviate from the IPC standards its for tradeoff purpose and they aren't loosing anything.

Regards

Ramesh

IPC is internationally accepted standards.Its reducing the gap between the designers and fabricators, assemblers...standards are used to avoid the scraping of the boards...

jedec & ipc

is there a jedec standard where they describe memory interface (DDR) timing parameters?
i found only DDR memory design standard, but they dont explain those parameters what i am interested in. only few words are there /parameter. (for example: data hold skew factor... ) i was searching on the Jedec website.
maybe its a not free standard?

buenos said:
is there a jedec standard where they describe memory interface (DDR) timing parameters?
i found only DDR memory design standard, but they dont explain those parameters what i am interested in. only few words are there /parameter. (for example: data hold skew factor... ) i was searching on the Jedec website.
maybe its a not free standard?

The only JEDEC spec for DDR that I know of is https://download.micron.com/pdf/misc/JEDEC79R2.pdf

There is other reference material also available on:
**broken link removed**

jedec & ipc

thanx.
but i already checked these. also the Micron technotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back