Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to write program in C language

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrarslanahmed

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hy i am new 8051 world i write program in assembly and at time i get struck with some algorithmic issue which is not resolved in assembly but equivalent code in c is very easy

i am working on keil uvision2

i dont know which library to add so that my c based code is read as machine language

please help me

regards

Almost all executable programs are written in higher-level languages, and translated to executable machine code by a compiler and linker.
The microcontroller does not understand high-level programming languages(C language in your case) as this and therefore it is necessary to compile the program into machine language. A single click on the appropriate icon within the compiler IDE results in creating a new document with the .hex extension. It is actually the same program, just compiled into machine language which the microcontroller understands perfectly. This program is called a HEX code and forms a seemingly meaningless sequence of hexadecimal numbers. When compiled, the program should be loaded into the microcontroller by means of appropriate hardware, i.e. programmer.

---------- Post added at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Keil Quick Start Tutorial **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.