Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to write AT-commands on an MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
siemens m55 at commands

seadolphine2000 said:
Guys,..
Thanks very much for your time and consideration up till now.

I have another problem which is when I connect the phone to the PC and start to send the command using the hyper terminal, I found that all what I typed didn't appear on the hyp trm screen.
I tried all the possible combinations of baud rate, flow control, ASCII settings,... but all gave the same result, Nothing appear.

A friend has 6210 and he tried connecting the phone to the hyp trm and succeeded, he told me that he had installed a driver for the phone cable.

The question is: What driver for the cable?
Do I need to write this driver on the MCU to connect the phone to the MCU?

Thanks very very much all of you.

hey seadolphine2000

did u get AT commands response from 6610 without data cable driver in hyperterminal.
i am also working on the similar sms project and want to choose the mobile
bcoz nokia 6210 is not available in india

how to write at command in phone

mohdnasir24 wrote:
did u get AT commands response from 6610 without data cable driver in hyperterminal.
i am also working on the similar sms project and want to choose the mobile
bcoz nokia 6210 is not available in india

No. Nothing appaer on the hyper terminal. Even more, I made visual basic program that sends the "AT" to the phone and should display the response. In the settings, I set the com port to be my Dial-up modem, and then sent the command. I get the response "OK". Then I sent different commands, and get responses from the my Dial-up modem. On the other hand, when setting the com port to the phone one, nothing then nothing appear in the visual basic window. It doesn't matter the settings, the response is always the same, nothing.

It seems that the problem may be in the Nokia 6610 cable. But, why the 6210 didn't work? :cry:

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

at command write

we are trying to build a project in which we interface an atmel8535 with a sony ericsson T230 by sending AT commands,
we has a successful communication while testing the commands with the hyperterminal and phone,
also our microcontroller supported serial communication with the pc.
however, the Uc and the phone are not being able to establish communication through the C programs we are trying to develop using codevision c compiler.

we have made a testing cable that connects the Uc and mobile, wherein the RTX and TXD connected, ground too, and have shorted the RTS and CTS (is this required?)
it doesnt work this ways...
do we need to give in sum additional voltage for any connections?

also if one guide us in the format of sending the AT commands through the C program... we're really stuck at this stage... would really appreciate sum giudance. thanx...

ericsson t20 pinout rx tx

Guys,...

I'm trying now to get a visual response by connecting the MCU to the PC through MAX232. I'll post the schematic and the Code. Please, check and tell me if there's something wrong.
The following code was written using MikroBasic IDE from https://www.mikroe.com
This program is used to receive data from the PC and when it receive the data correctly, it will retransmit it again. The data will be sent using Hyper terminal or a Visual basic program.
Here is the code:
program IR_TX

dim resp, er as byte
main:
soft_uart_init(portB,1,2,9600,0)
er=1
while true
do
resp=soft_uart_read(er)
loop until er=0
soft_uart_write(resp)
wend
end.

Thanks guys very much for all your help.

where can i write atcommands

There are some mistake on your schematic, and that schematic is hard to understand, please take a look at this modified schematic.

0_1174401139.gif

Disconnect DB9 pin 4 and pin 7 to MAX232 connection, if you use this schematic to connect to PC

Code:
program IR_TX

dim resp, er as byte
main:
     soft_uart_init(portB,1,2,9600,0)
     er=1
     while true
         do
            resp=soft_uart_read(er)
         loop until er=0
         soft_uart_write(resp)
     wend
end.

I know nothing about your MikroBasic, but I think this small program is working, as it is copied from MikroBasic User's Manual.
But there is a note on that manual :
Be aware that during transmission, software UART is incapable of receiving data - data transfer protocol must be set in such a way to prevent loss of information.

Prabakaran wrote:
can i have the connection between the Micro controller and Mobile Phone . Can u give the circuit diagram to connect the mobile phone with microcontoller to implement the functionality .

Check above circuit, and check also the diagrams at #802443

using at commands + pic

Budhy,...
First of all, I'd like to thank you very much for all your help. You are great.

Second, I made the circuit as you said, write the program mentioned above and I managed to receive the data sent by the PC.

Third, The variables (resp,er) are byte. I checked the arguments of the mikrobasic commands.

Thanks again very very much.

sony k750i at command list usb hyperterminal

hi guys,
i m really confused about this.
plz someone tell me how to use sms text format to read messages from a cellphone.

onnet mcu

Hello again,..
I'm in prgress now, thanks to all of you. However, I'm facing a quite strange problem and hope you can help.
program IR_TX
main:
soft_uart_init(portB,1,2,2400,0)
soft_uart_write(74)
delay_ms(10)
soft_uart_write(69)
delay_ms(10)
soft_uart_write(83)
delay_ms(10)
soft_uart_write(85)
delay_ms(10)
soft_uart_write(83)
end.

I managed to send these charcaters sequentially as in the above software. But, I found that the program repeats itself. I mean after it sends the last character, it starts sending the first character again. ... It seems very starnge since I hadn't used any loops.

Hope anyone could help with this.

Thanks again for your time.

at commands using pic

hi,

there is an article on sms using basic on this website:
**broken link removed**

regards

t290i interfacing with microcontroller

Guys,..

Thanks to all what you've done for me up till now. However, I'm facing serious problem and hope you can Help.
I've managed to send and receive data from/to PC through the MCU. The only problem is that I can't make the software run only once. It always repeated itself even when using infinite loops.
Here is an example:
program IR_TX
main:
soft_uart_init(portB,1,2,2400,0) ----> ' PIC16F84A Soft UART initialization
soft_uart_write(74) ----> ' Sending the ASCII character 74
delay_ms(50) ----> ' Delay for 50ms
soft_uart_write(69)
delay_ms(50)
soft_uart_write(83)
delay_ms(50)
soft_uart_write(85)
delay_ms(50)
soft_uart_write(83)
delay_ms(50)
soft_uart_write(13) -------> ' Sending the CR ASCII code
delay_ms(50)
soft_uart_write(10) -------> ' Sending the LF ASCII code
delay_ms(50)
while true ' Infinite loop
wend
end.

The sequence is sent correctly but infinitely as long as there's a connection between the MCU and the PC.

Can anyone help?

Thanks to all of you guys, I really I appreciate that.

at commands mikrobasic

seadolphine2000 said:
eamol,..
Thanks very much for your help. I have another question:
What is " SBUF "?

Thanks again for your time.

SBUF is the Txmt/Rcv register of Microcontrollers in mcs51 family

modem reset nokia at command

I have Nokia 3310 and I want to use it for sms controller, is it possible? I want to write AT commands in assembly language, if any one can help in this regards please help me to write AT commands in assembly for Nokia 3310.

regards

max232 nokia 5110

i think nokia is not the best brand to do it.
i try it once with no sucess.

Siemens is very good and easy to do it...

But if you want to do a sms controller i sugest that u use a mobile with sms in text format. I think is easier than PDU.

mcu and at-commands

Hi,..
As I told you before, I've managed to send/receive commands and characters from/to PC to/from the MCU.
Now, I want to replace the PC with Nokia 6610, that will be interfaced with the MCU through an IrDA protocol handler(MAX3131).

I'm just asking, is this applicable or not? I'm already having the chips.

Thanks to all of you guys.

sms 16f876 t230

I'm just asking, is this applicable or not?
Yes! You can do that, the main problem is you have to supply 16x baud rate clock to that chip.

Use MAX3100 for that clock. (See APPLICATION NOTE 3024 Figure 7. This MAX3100 circuit requires only one additional µC I/O to implement a software-adjustable BAUD16 clock generator.)

Please post your experiment result!

at command power on nokia 6210

hello friends how are you i am also doing this project on connection of mobile with microcontroller i have a 6310 . the at commands work well withh hyperterminal but when i send these commands from the microcontroller there ,it doesnt work. i mean the mobile just echos the command send to it when i have the gnd removed and only tx and rx connected . but when i connect the gnd it doesnt even echo .
i dont even know which pins to connect i mean i have just connected the tx and rx to the 8051 the rest are just open . do i have to connect the rest of the pins in some manner please help

Added after 3 seconds:

hello friends how are you i am also doing this project on connection of mobile with microcontroller i have a 6310 . the at commands work well withh hyperterminal but when i send these commands from the microcontroller there ,it doesnt work. i mean the mobile just echos the command send to it when i have the gnd removed and only tx and rx connected . but when i connect the gnd it doesnt even echo .
i dont even know which pins to connect i mean i have just connected the tx and rx to the 8051 the rest are just open . do i have to connect the rest of the pins in some manner please help

Added after 8 minutes:

how to write at-commands

ok i have a dlr -3p cable which has a rs-232 db-9 female connector
it works well on hyperterminal
now the db-9 connecotor i have taken two wires from the rx and tx of the 8051 thru the max 232 and then in the tx and rx of the db-9 (of the dlr-3p)
it should work but when i connect the gnd to pin 5 of the db-9 the controller starts to funtion abnormally plz if anyone has interfaced the 8051 with dlr-3p-- nokia 6310 send me the diagram ,i am sure the programming is not the problem the problem is which of the pins of the db-9 is to be connected to what , thats what i cant figure it , i am sure it has also something to do with rts right? plz answer

nokia 5110 mcu

Hi everyone,...

I'm entering now my project's final phase. I have the connection diagram of the MCU, IrDA protocol handler (MAX3131) and the Nokia 6610 phone.

Here is the diagram. Please, if anyone have any comment on this diagram, feel free to say.

I have only two chips from the MAX3131, and there is no time to order another samples.

Concerning the Baud16 signal, the datasheet says that it should be a square wave 16 times the baud rate used. What do you think which is better? To generate this signal by the MCU or use an external circuit like astable multivibrator?

Thanks very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.