Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to stop a standard calculator from automatically shutting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackJellyBean

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wandering if anyone had an idea of how to stop a standard calculator from automatically shutting down. I have hacked the calculator and im using it as a basic counter, but i cant keep it on for more than 10 mins.

Any idea's will be much appriciated.

Re: Auto Shutoff Problem

It is probably a software function in it's IC. The best you can probably do is see if there is a key you can press that does not change the result on the display (for example M+ key if you are not using the memory) and periodicaly simulate the key being pressed with an external circuit.

Brian.

Re: Auto Shutoff Problem

Hi Brian

Thanks alot for the response. Tried it out and it works well (Great idea). Only problem is when you press a different button at the same time as that key, it gives an error. (but it very very few and far between!) Another possible solution iv come up with it using a solar powered calculator that does not switch off. Just need to find an old one and replace the solar cell with the equivalent battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back