Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combined 2 buttons from Two devices

ToddVG

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in the process of trying to Create a self-Contained 2-3 Video Camera system. Something that will allow me and other Parents to Video Record Soccer & Basketball games.

My first prototype has 2- Ordro EP7 POV cameras, connected to a Display so that I can get a preview of the Cameras and make sure the angles are right. The problem with this, I need to push the power button on each camera and then the Video button on each to start recording and then the reverse when i am done. That means opening the 3D printed case I hope to have. There are other issues with this but the buttons seem to be my biggest user-friendly hurdle.

My 2nd option is Raspberry PI setup, but I am told my video quality is very limited.

My 3rd option is working with a Mobile Video recorder, ones like what truckers use for their Dash cams. These are cheap but not quite sure if I will get the quality that I am looking for since I have not found one in my price range that records at 60fps.

So as of NOW, I am with my original set-up. MY QUESTION TO AL OF YOU. is there a way I can tie the buttons from each video camera together with a 3rd button. So when I push the Button on the case it activates the power on both cameras and the same as for the Video buttons. I am attaching a few Pictures to show you what I am working with.

Attachments

• IMG_3700.jpg
    IMG_3700.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 52
I 100% don't understand what you're talking about.

First, you talk about buttons.
Then you talk about some mythical "3D printed case".
Then you talk about a Raspberry PI, and you're worried about 'video quality'. I thought you were talking about controlling buttons?
Wait, then you go back to talking about buttons again, something about tying 4 buttons from two cameras to a single button.

Start over. What exactly are you trying to do? You've got two cameras. Each camera has a power button and a record button. What is your goal? Maybe a block diagram and a functional description would help.

Sorry for any confusion, I have written in several Forums and have gotten mocked for not telling the whole story.

I am looking to see if it is possible to install one button that would work both cameras.

- interfacing stranded wires with strain relief to each cam is your biggest challenge.
- I expect stable multi-cam POV's images will be shakey due to the lack of steady-cam feature and alignment errors.
- you can always re-sync videos on playback edits.

- interfacing stranded wires with strain relief to each cam is your biggest challenge.
- I expect stable multi-cam POV's images will be shakey due to the lack of steady-cam feature and alignment errors.
- you can always re-sync videos on playback edits.
That is what I was thinking, OBS is a good software.

Sorry for any confusion, I have written in several Forums and have gotten mocked for not telling the whole story.

I am looking to see if it is possible to install one button that would work both cameras.
Maybe you're getting mocked in multiple places for a reason. Now you say you want you want to control 2 functions on 2 cameras (that's 4 functions) with ONE button.

I'm done. You are making no sense.

I understand what you are trying to do. It's a mechatronic problem that is mainly mechanical making an IMAX wide cam experience with multiple low cost POV cameras recorded by one person and synchronizing 2 mechanical buttons because the electrical interface may get damaged by soldering wires to use common switches to both (all) units. So either elect or mech method works in theory, but in practice it depends on your creative tooling skills to make a dual camera fixture. Even better with a steady cam gyro fixture like the Pro's use but just using an old 8W HDD that spins up to 6000 RPM.

The aperture to view both cams aimed apart with a flimsy head-mounted display is difficult, or the remote video on Wifi is used. They must be attached to a hard hat or a camera monopole for stability.

To mechanically duplex button switches would akin to the action of space bars on keyboards that uses a hinged steel wire and socket guides so you can press both springs on either side, by pressing on either side or the middle without missing one switch or too much pressure on the other switch.

I don't know how to help otherwise. Maybe crowd -source it and get funding.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back