Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to speed up simulation in Spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdz

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using 90nm technology. After I use PLS and create the config view to do the simulation. In the AE, it is no problem that the ti run fast enough for just a few cells. After I want simulate the whole circuit, it because very small. In my circuit, there are 8 DFFs, 8 XOR and 16 Buffer and another huge output stage. in the output log, it display:

capacitor 63011
resistor 29217.

so the netlist is very big and it is very slow. it may take more than a week to finish the simulation. Does anyone have idea how to increase the simulation speed?

Thanks in advance.

Re: post simulation

Hi,

R u using Spice or fast spice for simulation & wht is it?

it is mostly recommended to use fast spice for Post layout verification.

In either case you can use options for RC reduction which will improve performance but will have impact in accuracy but not huge in case of digital ckt.

Hope this helps!!

Thnx

Hi Blackuni,

Thanks for reply. I am use Spectra in Cadence. How to use Spice or fast Spice in Cadence.

For the RC reduction, you mean it will be not huge in accuracy for digital circuit. How about for the speed of 10GHz circuit. because this circuit is applied to 10 GHz operation.

Thanks

CDZ

Hi CDZ,

In ADE u can select spectre r ultrasim r Hsim( u have do to Hsim-ADE interface) in simulator options.

U can get the netlist in spectre format and use Nanosim r Hsim to do stand alone simulaiton.

Tweeing RC reductions is trail & error method. But mostly if use fast spice it is taken care by th tool.

Hope ths helps.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back