Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce noise of a speech signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malaguena

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I have to reduce the noise of my speech signal. Are there any tested algorithms, written code or implemented programs that I can use within my application to speed up my coding duration?

Thanks for your help,
best wishes

Re: How to reduce noise?

can you give details on through which you are passing the signal or the software which you are using to simulate the coding of your speech signal....

I will use it within my thesis. My thesis is on speech recognition, but before the feature extraction process, I have to reduce the noise of the signal.

the main thing is bandpass filtering which removes noise outside the frequency range of interest.... next there is a need for echo cancellation which is due to reflection and other imperfections.... there are many algorithms for echo cancellation based MMSE, ML etc.... the other inherent noises are hard to reduce and are mostly due to channel....

How to reduce noise?

the first thing is to understand the source of your noise. different noise needs different treatment.

I alread tried lowpass filtering. Then as you recommended, I will search echo cancellation..
Thanks for your help..

Added after 1 minutes:

ebook123456789 said:
the first thing is to understand the source of your noise. different noise needs different treatment.

How can I determine the source of noise?

How to reduce noise?

To clarify ebook123456789's question, what kind of noise is it? What does it sound like?
If you can't identify the noise, maybe upload a small sample file that we can play.
If you attach the file to an EDAboard message, you'll need to ZIP it or RAR it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back