Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce net delay with out disturbing its length, driver and sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

viswanadh_babu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Iam working with place and route of huge mixed signal block , in which i need to reduce the net delay of one net with out modifying its driver, sinks and its length. Is it possible ? If so , please guide me.

Regards,
K.VISWANADH BABU

Please check for crosstalk delay. If its there u can reduce it by introducing extra spacing between the nets (mainly check for clock or other high freq nets).

You can even go with increasing the width of the net, there by increasing the area and reducing the resistance of the net.

Regards
Pavan

Last edited:

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your response. As width increases , the resistance decreases , but the cap increases. So do you think that effective delay get reduced? if so , how ?

Regards,
K.VISWANADH BABU

But i guess the effective delay would be less. This will help reduce a small delay margin. You have to try it and come up with the width value so that there is a effective dec in delay of the net.

hi Babu,

Pavan is right.. I hope that can help u.. but there are few other ways to reduce the delay also...
one way- If you have concern with respect to the complete stage delay (net delay + cell delay). then without changing the driving strength .. you can reduce the cell delay.. As we know that cell delay comes from the library .. and library is characterize with different slew .. so by playing with the input slew of the driver . you can decrease the cell delay....

I hope this will help...

go to the top thick metal.

go to the top thick metal.

Exactly my point. You can use metals of higher thickness to counter this . Also you can try and shield the net to counter crosstalk effects. Since you have no provision for adding a buffer I think these are the available options other than trying to improve the input slew of the cell driving this net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back