Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Plot Vth Vs L for RF input

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,

I have to plot Vth Vs L, Vth Vs W for my rectifier 4-T cell structure.
I am giving RF input.

How to plot Vth Vs L or W?

Thanks!

Vth doesn't change very much, neither with L nor with W.
For a plot run a DC analysis and sweep L resp. W.

Vth doesn't change very much, neither with L nor with W.
For a plot run a DC analysis and sweep L resp. W.

I am giving ac input and so i can't use dc analysis.

... and so you can't get your plot :roll:

But I need Vth Vs W/L for analysis. I want to lower Vth by doing some biasing.
Not getting...how to do...confused:???:

But I need Vth Vs W/L for analysis.
Then follow my suggestion above! Vth dependency on W/L (if any) doesn't care about an ac input signal.

I want to lower Vth by doing some biasing.
You can lower Vth (a little bit) by some forward biasing of the bulk -- if this is possible.

Then follow my suggestion above! Vth dependency on W/L (if any) doesn't care about an ac input signal.

You can lower Vth (a little bit) by some forward biasing of the bulk -- if this is possible.

erikl,

My designed rectifier is for low power application....that is, rectifier has to provide dc voltage for min 150mV.
In order to serve this purpose, I want to lower Vth, a little.
I thought of providing some dc bias to the gate of the mosfet. But again, I don't want to use external supply voltage because of some constraints.

I have attached my schematic.
Pls let me know what can be done in order to lower Vth without use of any external dc supply voltages.

Thanks in advance erikl

Vth variation with W/L is based on your DC operating point. You can plot that using a parametric sweep. As for reducing Vth, you need to try biasing your bulk, or use natives. Its a trade-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back