Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a chip from scratch or create the chip already designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky89

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to develop and create chips and hardware where to start?
There are some guides how to create an ARM processor or CPU for desktop computers, but you need to have huge FPGAs like Cadence palladium or high capacity synopsys servers.
Let me ask you a curiosity how to increase the storage capacity of a micro SD? can you? yes is how to do it?
In short I would like to redesign a chip with fpga design if it is possible or give me a book for this purpose and then I would like to know what equipment to buy. a notebook to do this job is great?
Thank you kindly who will help me.

There are two parts to your question: the design and the creation.
Designing is something you *might* be able to do - but as you have already seen you generally need high-end systems.
Creating the chips is another matter all together. for that you need access to a fabrication plant or pay lots to someone who has to get a custom batch made.
Apart from increasing the storage of a Micro SD card (and way would you even if there was a way- they are dirt cheap really so just buy a bigger one) what are you actually trying to do?
FPGAs are designed to be flexible. I suggest you start with a specific goal in mind (and keep it relatively simple) and then find a suitable FPGA that will do the job. Once that is working you can then set your goals higher.
Susan

Check out Jeri Ellsworth, lady electronics genius. Known in the industry for her participation in a variety of projects. These are two of her Youtube videos, describing how to fabricate semiconductors at home.

<iframe width="1019" height="573" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1019" height="573" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi
Let me ask you a curiosity how to increase the storage capacity of a micro SD? can you? yes is how to do it?
What´s your idea? A miracle increase from 1GB to 8GB?

You may buy a bigger SD card or you may reduce the data size by packing.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back