Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to layout the pads? Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

biplob

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
”vdd pad“ layout

hi frnds

i am new to layout design. i hv learned the process ...hw to make layout. i am using mentor graphics and tsmc035 technology. nw i am facing problem in pad layout . i dont have any idea how to layout the pads. anybody please help me out in this regards.

with luv
biplob.

gndpad

Hello,
in your "Design Rule Manual" or "Assembly Rule Manual" you should find all the info about the PAD.
Usually different PAD structure are are used for different use, es: RF signal PAD, Power supply PAD, Wire bonding, Bumping .......

Bye

Re: pad layout

climber is right. start first with the rules. be familiar with the layers that must be present. usually it's already made and can be found in the library cells if you have it.

thanx friends for your suggestions...
i have found some pad cells (inbuilt) like GND PAD, VDD PAD, IN/OUT PAD etc for different technologies. but i dont know how to connect them.....i also could not find out the DESIGN RULE MANUAL, its not there.......do u have PDF version of the manual ?? can u give me ??? i will b very helpful then..

try reading the art of analog layout by alan hastings. u can download it here in edaboard. u can search fot it.

biplob said:
thanx friends for your suggestions...
i have found some pad cells (inbuilt) like GND PAD, VDD PAD, IN/OUT PAD etc for different technologies. but i dont know how to connect them.....i also could not find out the DESIGN RULE MANUAL, its not there.......do u have PDF version of the manual ?? can u give me ??? i will b very helpful then..

Hi biplob

Its highly unlikely to not find the Design rule file as it should be your point of reference always. Take a detailed look at the PDK and you would find it there for sure. Now, what exactly is expected from you? Do you have to bulid the pads from scratch or do you have to do a layout that has pad as well as clamp circuit in it?

Regards
Brittoo

dear Brittoo

may b there is some problem in installion, that the Design Rule Manual is not there. i want to do a layout that has pad as well as clamp circuit in it. the pad layout are already there in adk library as seperate cells. please tell me how can i do it.

regards
Biplob

pad layout

reinstall the PDK, and ask tsmc for the detail design manual

i could not find the PDK. please tell me wat is this stand for...and where i will get it???

can any body tell me hw bright is the future in layout design?? how can i get a job in industry..i am from India.

dear friend

Please let me know how to design for for laying out the pads..specially the corner pads...how to connect them..

biplob..

pad layout

We often advoid to use the conner pads because it is not easy to make latter wire bonding.
The layout of pads depends on the process.

biplob said:
dear friend

Please let me know how to design for for laying out the pads..specially the corner pads...how to connect them..

biplob..

Usually we avoid corner pads due to issues in packaging. We have corner cells which might include some test structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back