Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to layout patterned ground shield for on-chip inductor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maolh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
patterned ground shield

Hi, all,

Could you tell me how to layout patterned ground shield for on-chip inductor using virtuoso? Or are there any tools can do this job? Any suggestion wil be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

inductor patterned ground

Unfortunately, no tool is available to laid it out automatically. Either you do it by hand or write a complex skill procedure.

nathan

layout patterned ground shield

i also think there is no automatic deign tool for ground shield.
important item is to reduce the eddy current loss, for its simulation i use ADS or ASITIC:eek:pensource aplying 3d electromagnetic characteristics to obtain "Q" of inductor \\ADS is nly 2 and half dimension and is not 3D
HFSS is good tool to simulate it but it takes huge hours for finishing simulation.

inductor ground shield

for the PGS,you could just layout part of that,and then make some copy/paste in virtuoso.The poly should not form a loop

onchip inductor layout

The poly should not form a loop , why?

Thanks in advance....

on chip inductor patterned ground

how about sonnet

sonnet ground shield

Hello,

Yes, Sonnet is good for such simulations & even you can get the desired Q
Also it works with the Spiral Assitant tool to synthesize spiral on chip inductors
& it interfaces to Virtuoso...
see some of the links

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back