Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install Synopsys Astro 2003 on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ic2004

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Everybody,

Please help me, How can I install Synopsys on Linux, please have instruction for process.

Thanks in advance

IC2004

1) untar the *common.tar and *linux.tar in the same directory
2) run the install.now, give your choice of the proper location of the source file and the location where you want it be installed.

If there were error during install, find them in the install.now script. There is a problem about the "uncompress" command, you can make a fake uncompress command like "gzip -d"

ic2004 said:
Dear Everybody,

Please help me, How can I install Synopsys on Linux, please have instruction for process.

Thanks in advance

IC2004

A lot of Synopsys's older tools (2004 and earlier release) won't install properly on modern (Redhat RHEL 4/5) linux systems.

So what I did, was I had an old Redhat 8.0 (2002) linux-system. I ran the installer on the Redhat 8.0 system, installed to a (network-share) NFS-directory. After that, I mounted the NFS-directory from the modern Linux machine, and used the software from there.

Note, the older installers are really really stupid about setting up hardcoded (absolute-path) symbolic-links in the install-directory. If you want to run the software on multiple machines, from the NFS-directory, ALL machines must have identical paths to that NFS-mount. In other words, if you change the dirname, or mount-point, then the executables pretty much break. (At least, that's what happens with DC 2003.06 and 2003.12.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back