Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install Design Compiler on LINUX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

research235

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design compiler on LINUX

dear All

I was using DC on solaris platform all these days which is very slow and now planning to use the same tool on linux installed my laptop. I can obtain the license file but have no idea as in how to install DC on my machine.. can any one please provide me with the detailed instruction as how to install DC on linux machine

thank you very much in advance

suresh

Re: design compiler on LINUX

Hello,
Just run the 'install.now" script, fiil in the path to the install directory, install the license, set the appropiate environment variables (ie. license), add to your env PATH (or path - deppending on the shell you are using) the directory that contains dc_shell* files (usually a *linux/bin directory under your instalation path) and it should work.

Good Luck!

research235 said:
dear All

I was using DC on solaris platform all these days which is very slow and now planning to use the same tool on linux installed my laptop. I can obtain the license file but have no idea as in how to install DC on my machine.. can any one please provide me with the detailed instruction as how to install DC on linux machine

thank you very much in advance

suresh

Re: design compiler on LINUX

Hi,

Additionally if you are trying recent versions of DC use Synopsys installer. You can get it from EST. The script install.now is not avialable with recent versions of Synopsys tools. Otherthan just follow the steps in the installer.

Set either SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE pointing to proper license file or server.

Add $DC_INSTALL_ROOT/linux/syn/bin to the PATH env variable.

For synthesis with DC, Solaris would be a better option(provided you have good hardware). For smaller designs Linux may be sufficient. Whereas for simulation Linux may be better when you consider hardware price/performance.

Regards,
venkatesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back