Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to guess AGND and DGND for components

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek20055

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

To which components I need to use analog ground(AGND) and to which components I need to use digital ground(DGND)?

Is it specified in datasheets?

Regards
Vivek Alaparthi

you need to use the digital ground for the digital components in the circuit and the analog for the analog circuits. this help to reduce the switching disturbance coupling from digital circuits to the analog

Hi,

To which components I need to use analog ground(AGND) and to which components I need to use digital ground(DGND)?

Is it specified in datasheets?

Regards
Vivek Alaparthi

you need to use the digital ground for the digital components in the circuit and the analog for the analog circuits. this help to reduce the switching disturbance coupling from digital circuits to the analog

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply

How to know, Which components are analog components and which components are digital components?

Regards
Vivek Alaparthi

Tell me what are using and I tell you

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply

How to know, Which components are analog components and which components are digital components?

Regards
Vivek Alaparthi

It's simple, the analogue components are the ones used in analogue circuitry and digital ones are the ones used in digital circuitry. :)

I think your next question is "What is analogue circuitry and what is digital circuitry?".

Actually it is the same question came in to my mind :)

It's simple, the analogue components are the ones used in analogue circuitry and digital ones are the ones used in digital circuitry. :)

I think your next question is "What is analogue circuitry and what is digital circuitry?".

If you are using Analog to Digital converter or digital analog converter you will come to know easily. It will be mention in data sheet. both the symbol representation will be different. just Google it for symbol.it depend on your purpose.

Hi vivek,
depends on application the component select is vary.for digital circuit you have to choose component less than or equal to 5v.for analog circuit depends on voltage it will vary

Hi vivek,
depends on application the component select is vary.for digital circuit you have to choose component less than or equal to 5v.for analog circuit depends on voltage it will vary

What about 12V and 18V it may not be 5 or less then five...?

Those components which handles analog signals need analog ground as referance. those handle digital signal need digital ground. for an ADC usually have both.

seperate both grounds with a bead (or 0 ohm resistor!)

Again, this is very basic electronic knowledge, I would suggest some reading on basic electronics first, learn to crawl before you walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back