Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get a range of 1 kilometer with blocking buildings in between?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Transmitter Antenna

thanks for the pdf ,it's very useful!

The solutions:

- Put antenna higher and the best is that it is higher than the blocking buildings
- Use antenna with high gain on both ends: transmiter and receiver to make your signal transmitted stronger on transmit antenna and receiver
- The sensitivity of receiver is also very important.
- If not solve problem, you have to increase your transmit power

Thx for help, I got the antenna design but, there is a part that I still can't imagine.
This part the where to connect the 4 following elements(my coax from TX, RF connector, square plate, vertical rod).

HOW TO CONNECT THESE 4 ELEMENTS TOGETHER.???

Thanks

Get panel-mount receptacle (such as for example on the attached photo) mount it right in the middle of the square plate, but upside down. Now, solder your vertical rod to the pin of this connector and put a plastic tube to protect the jount.
Connect coaxial cable from the bottom and that is it..
Regards,
IanP

Mr Ianp,..

Thanks very much for your patient and help, I know I've asked too much questions about this antenna, but It's important for me to build this antenna. :oops:

Here you are the RF connector I found at my local stores, please tell me where to connect this RF-connector. :oops:

P.S.: There are 2 terminals in the connector itself and another 2 terminals in the coax connected to the connector. :oops:

Thanks again for help and patient.

hello there.. transmitter rf output coverage.... here we go.. good antenna (high elevation that is) more distance.... welll that's right.. how about PENATRATION?
can the antenna provide much of it. can the antenna give the rf the power to penetrate buildings? Im sure it wont. i tried it many times. relying to an antenna for a greater distance is ok but if you want a longer distance plus a solid rock RF throw... well you really need to amplify your signal. 10mwatt to 250mwatt to 1 watt to 2 watt then 6 watt.. hey.. never ever do the stages like 10 mwatt -250 mwatt-6watt. its not easy doing that. remembe your 10mwatt look for a schematic for 250mwattt then schematic for a 1 watt then to 2 watt then 6 watter. the result is a very very stable signal and a very strong one. then adjust your antenna height 15feet will be 3 kms.. at 50 feet you'll be at 20kms(but very weak signal) strongest will be at 10km at 50 feet of antenna while at 15 feet strongest will be at 2 kms. very strong.. the signal can even penetrate while you're inside a mall's wash room.

but just only by relying to an antenna height for power..... nonono the signal will just be strong to hear while you're outside a building... or while you're tracking it on the road or open area but once you get inside even a small establisment,.. the signal vanishes very evidently. no good. with a series of amplification, like what i said... you'll be very sure that you're power can penetrate anything. anything.

hey dont forget to add low pass filters or you might be broadcasting over the channel 7 tv station in your area;-) hey 200mwatt and thge 1 to 2 watt stage amp is very easy to make. very small pcb routing.. including the 6 watt stage.

Hi...
Im doing FM transmitter as well but my circuit is not functioning.
So may i have a look at your FM transmitter circuit?
Can you please send me the complete circuit to me to complete my school assignment?

Im desperate ......
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back