Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export ORCAD file to Protel 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyB

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ORCAD to Protel 98

I use Orcad 10, but need to send a copy of a drawing to a friend who uses Protel 98. I tried converting the file into the DXF option, but that doesn't import properly into Protel 98. I have looked for answers and solution everywhere, but like Protel 98 is well ancient. I am hoping someone here can bail me out with this one.

Stan

Re: ORCAD to Protel 98

Stan,

I know that Protel 99 can open OrCAD DSN files. Don’t know about 98.

There’s a yahoo group that specializes on OrCAD **broken link removed**. There’s another one dedicated to Protel http://groups.yahoo.com/group/protel-users. Post your question there. May be someone there knows the solution.

- Nick

Cheers for the links Nick. You are right about P99, but the poor fella only has P98 and he is resistant to change for some unknown reason...

Protel98 could only import OrcadSDT or Orcad386 files. DXF files should be saved in the earliest Autocad version your software can output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back