Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to duplicate a PCB in Eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urakhai911

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello World,

I have a PCB in eagle which has been already routed in a previous project. I need to create a two copies of this same board in the same PCB. I tried making a duplicate of the schematic, however, the parts show up stripped and not routed. Any ideas on how I would go about this? Are there scripts which can carry out this operation?

-Jason Bourne

Re: Eagle PCB Duplicates

There should be other threads explaining the process but if you don't care about the component references, simple close the schematic and cut and paste the PCB - it will copy the tracks as well as the components but the component references will change to avoid duplicates.

If you want the component references to remain the same, run the ULP called panelize I think it is called. That will copy the component references to another layer so when you copy the PCB they don't change. You must modify the CAM job to use the new layers for the silk screen.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back