Not open for further replies.

Mkanimozhi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I need to do the timing simulation in modelsim, can any one tell me how to perform the timing simulation.

Thanks and Regards,
Kanimozhi.M

Timing Simulation

It is like doing normal simulation, just add the SDF file, search the manual for it and you will find the information.

The only trick is that you must compile your libraries properly. What is your platform? FPGA or ASIC?

Re: Timing Simulation

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply ,I Need to do in the ASIC and i don't know how to create the SDF file.

Regards,
Kanimozhi.M

Timing Simulation

It depends on the tools you use, you can do post synthesis timing simulation or post layout timing simulation. In the first case it will be your synthesis tool that will create the SDF file in the second case it is the technology mapper that creates the SDF file.
You have to look into the tools documentation because they are all different.

Timing Simulation

Hi ,
Am using the xilinx tool using that i generated the .SDF file,but i don't know the further procedure to do the timing simulation in modelsim,am using modelsim 6.3c.

Regards,
Kanimozhi.M

If you just look into the manuals of modelsim, you will find the answer to your question:

you mean the Gate level simulation? you need the SDF and netlist ,better have no-timing check list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…