Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert 2D line into trace properties in pads 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolisa5791

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Anyone tell me an option to convert 2D line into trace properties in pads 2007

help need in pads

no way.

Added after 1 minutes:

Or you can select those 2D-line first and then change the layer property. Have a try pls.

Re: help need in pads

Putting a 2D line on a signal layer is dangerous, in Pads it will not be recognized as an electrical element, so if you cross existing circuitry the verify design utility will not flag it as a short, but when you create gerbers it will be etched along with the traces and you will have a short - 2D lines in decals don't do this, they are converted to silkscreen.

SiGiNT

Re: help need in pads

If u want u can use copper line(path) to connect two points.But it will show clearence error in DRC check...but doesn't matter.............

help need in pads

Monolisa5791

An option to convert 2D line into trace properties in pads 2007

1. Put your 2D line on a layer other than your circuit trace layer.

2. Open ECO tools.
Select ADD CONNECTION, dig one end of line then the other end.

3. Highlight the connection press F2 to route the trace.

Now you have your trace, the 2D line can be deleted.

Mack
PCB Layout Blog

plz help me .

i have 2d line into Board but i want auto change line to trace ..Thanks so much

I was looking for this feature of PADS few years ago and I'm afraid it has not been added up to now. I started from PADS2005.2 up to PADS9.2 and the object properties i.e. imported objects from a DXF file don't have the option to be converted into a trace/route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back