Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control the compiling order in simulation tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vcs timescale

In my design, there are many blocks. But for timescale reason, I have to control the compiling order during simulation.

Could you tell me sim tool(such as VCS or NC) how to control the compiling order? Or how to re-order the compiling order by my means?

Thanks.

vcs override timescale

I think there are two methods to handle this.

First I will use timescale in the compile command to override those in design files.

the other is using the file list to compile your design.

compiling order

AlexWan said:
In my design, there are many blocks. But for timescale reason, I have to control the compiling order during simulation.

Could you tell me sim tool(such as VCS or NC) how to control the compiling order? Or how to re-order the compiling order by my means?

Thanks.

Hi,
Simple - if it is only timescale issue, use

vcs -timescale=1ns/1ns

IIRC, ncelab has the same/similar option.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

highest timescale vcs

I have tried those method. But when I changed the timescale of some verilog files, the result will be different. And I can get the log file. It shows the timescale of some other files to be changed.

I am confused this. Any one can use those methods in your projects and get the ideal results?

I have contacted with AEs of VCS and NC. But they can't sure the order, only give me some notes from UG. There are some mistakes in those UGs.

vcs timescale overwrite

I think you can use the same timescale in the full design, just modify the most little scale as the timescale for the full design.
I think the effect on other file with large timescale is only slow the simulation, it wont affect the simulation result!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back