Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect i/o DC supply voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aifi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
connect power to i/o pad

hi...

how to connect i/o DC supply voltage?

how to supply two difference voltage since we need a lower voltage to core compare to i/o pad.?

thanks

Re: connect power to i/o pad

There must have two power pad, one is high voltage and another is low voltage power pad. The IO ring power is connected to high voltage power pad and core power is connected to low voltage power pad. A power cut cell must be placed between high voltage power ring and low power ring for ESD protect.

what is cut cell? could u give me an example...

Hi,

The pad library will have "pad-power pad", "pad-ground pad", "core-power pad" and "core-ground pad". Likely to have also "pad+core -ground pad" (i.e. the core ground and pad ground are shorted). There will also be other varitiy of power pad. For example, beside classify the power into pad-power and core power, there is also pre-driver power, ESD potection power, output-driving power.

I suggest you study the pad datasheet to see how many type of power pad are provided.

Cut cell (or diode-cut cell) is used when you have more than one pad power (for example, you have 3.3V pad power and 2.5V pad power in the same die. It is also okay just to leave a gap instead of using Cut cell. Cut cell become important when you have analog pad. Analog pad has weak ESD protection, so sometime it is connected to the digital pad with a cut cell.

Regards,
Eng Han
www.eda-utilities.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back