Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate Setup and Holdtime violation at Board level

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Please help me how to calculate setup time and hold time violation at boardlevel when interfacing microcontroller with Flash memory.
Based on that the max operating frequency of the flash memory has to be decided.Is my understanding correct.
Thanks in Advance

Re: Help me to calculate Setup and Holdtime violation at Board level

you need to read the datasheet. You can find the timing diagram and then calculate by yourself.

Hi,
Please help me how to calculate setup time and hold time violation at boardlevel when interfacing microcontroller with Flash memory.
Based on that the max operating frequency of the flash memory has to be decided.Is my understanding correct.
Thanks in Advance

Could you please provide me with an example how to calculate with the following parameters for write and read cycle

processor --> flash

processor reqt:

Data set up time -5 ns(min),250ns(max)
Data hold time -6ns(min),300ns(max)
Data output VALID Time -0.25ns(min),12.5ns(max)
Data Hold Valid time-0.25ns(min),12.5ns(max)

Flash

CS Setup Time 5ns(min)
CS Hold Time 5ns(min)
CS Disable time 5ns(min)
Clock High time 6.4ns(min)
Clock low time 6.4ns(min)
Data setup time 2ns(min)
Data Hold time 2ns(min)
Data output valid time 8ns(max)
Data Hold valid time 8ns(max)

clockfrequency - 20Mhz to 48Mhz

Thanks in advance

Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) is a easy solution for interfacing flash memory (Memory Card). The maximum SPI interface speed is not equal to the clock frequency. Therefore, you need to find the SPI protocol details.
Then just consider the flash memory value. Based on this you can define the SPI operation speed or set delay between two consecutive commands(if you dont use SPI protocol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back