HOW DO I --- Run 2 Devices using one AC Adapter...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaanuki

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?:

Hello, All.

I am a converted computer nerd, whose last serious electronics project was in high school, 10 years ago - so, please bear with me.

I am creating a project where I am combining 2 completely seperate (off the shelf) electronics devices into one box, creating a sort of "ALL-IN-ONE" solution. As it stands, each of these devices is self powered, and comes with its own AC Adapters. I would like to create(have created) a power converting circuit board to allow me to run both devices using just 1 AC adapter. Here are the power specs(and my dilemna)...

Device #1: 12v / ~100mA
Device #2: 12v / ~500mA

What type of voltage and circuitry is called for here, and what other considerations are needed?. Any help or Guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Kaanuki-

You would need a 12V suply which can source current to both the devices. Since both the devices combined will at the max need 600mA, use a 12V adapter with 600mA supply capability or more, and connect both devices in parallel.

kaanuki

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the reply, aryajur.

-kaan-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…