Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW DO I --- Run 2 Devices using one AC Adapter...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaanuki

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?:

Hello, All.

I am a converted computer nerd, whose last serious electronics project was in high school, 10 years ago - so, please bear with me.

I am creating a project where I am combining 2 completely seperate (off the shelf) electronics devices into one box, creating a sort of "ALL-IN-ONE" solution. As it stands, each of these devices is self powered, and comes with its own AC Adapters. I would like to create(have created) a power converting circuit board to allow me to run both devices using just 1 AC adapter. Here are the power specs(and my dilemna)...

Device #1: 12v / ~100mA
Device #2: 12v / ~500mA

What type of voltage and circuitry is called for here, and what other considerations are needed?. Any help or Guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Kaanuki-

You would need a 12V suply which can source current to both the devices. Since both the devices combined will at the max need 600mA, use a 12V adapter with 600mA supply capability or more, and connect both devices in parallel.

kaanuki

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the reply, aryajur.
:D

-kaan-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back