Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How about ASIC lib voltage is 1.2V while requirement is 2.5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin_sg

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there:

When I was doing synthesis and optimization, the ASIC libs given by the customer specified operating voltage of 1.1V~1.3V, as usual I was never concerned with VDD. However on the
last day of tape out, :2gunfire: this loser told the team his VDD requirement was
2.25V~2.75V...

Aiya! What am I going to do with this!

Is this script correct to try out a new working condition? Is it possible to work at all?

-----In file highvolt.lib-----
library ("highvolt") {
operating_conditions ("highvolt") {
process : 1.75 ;
temperature : 125;
voltage : 2.75;
tree_type : "worst_case_tree";}
}

Re: How about ASIC lib voltage is 1.2V while requirement is

it will be ok

I guess you are currently using .13u library.....(bcoz u said VDD 1.1-1.3) If you have to operate at a higher VDD , you have to change the STD Cell library.... say .25u........

Others please correct me If I am wrong...
rgds

What a mistake! if the lib can bear high voltage, you may not change too much(just fix hold).
but usually you have to change the lib and run the flow again. you can keep all P&R information to save time.

Under this circumstance, I suggest that using a IVC ( internal voltage converter ) with a bandgap as a IVC reference. Design the IVC to convert VDD from 2.5 to 1.2 to feed internal blocks. So that the core could work correctly. At the port, you can use voltage level shift that shift the leve frome 1.2 to 2.5. By doing this, you can supply the chip with 2.5v and all io is compatible with 2.5v. The advantage of using this method is the arrange of the supply is extended

Thank all of you for your replies...

It was a false alarm and they later found the process is dual-voltage in
which digital cells operates at 1.2V while analog & RF lib at 2.5V. I am
sure the analog engineers will design level converters in the analog library.

perhaps you specify a wrong lib.

kelvin_sg said:
Hi, there:

When I was doing synthesis and optimization, the ASIC libs given by the customer specified operating voltage of 1.1V~1.3V, as usual I was never concerned with VDD. However on the
last day of tape out, :2gunfire: this loser told the team his VDD requirement was
2.25V~2.75V...

Aiya! What am I going to do with this!

Is this script correct to try out a new working condition? Is it possible to work at all?

-----In file highvolt.lib-----
library ("highvolt") {
operating_conditions ("highvolt") {
process : 1.75 ;
temperature : 125;
voltage : 2.75;
tree_type : "worst_case_tree";}
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com