Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed Frequency Division in PLL Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfrndez

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pll high speed

Hello,

Any help below would be much appreciated.

I am implementing a PLL (Frequency Synthesizer), the output of the VCO is to be 26 Ghz and the input is 812.5 Mhz. I plan to use a couple of ILFDs and a static divider. I am implementing the following CML logic style static divider in 130nm CMOS and cannot get the frequency to divide by 2 in Cadence.

Also I get the similar response with the ILFD which I don't really understand because it's a simple LC Oscillator that Cadence told me via PSS oscillates at 13 Ghz independently of the VCO input, yet when I add the 26 Ghz input through a capacitor attached to the gate of the bias transistor, Cadence then outputs a 26 Ghz transient instead of 13 Ghz.

I've attached a doc about what I am referring to exactly. Hopefully this concern may resonate with someone here who encountered such issues before.

Thank you,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.