Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed digital I/O impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is a multi disciplinary question so I hope it fits in the General Electronics forum.
I have a micro controller (Atmel AVR tiny15) which has a high speed internal PLL synthesizer which generates "flat out" a 12.8mhz signal on an I/O line. I personally have no method of viewing the waveform this generates however I do have a friend that has a 100mhz DSO that he's agreed to test the chip on for me. I'm looking for recomendations on how to go about testing the I/O lines output impedance, both resistive at DC and it's general admitance at various frequencies (the primary one of interest would be 12.8mhz of course) I was hopeing the folks here would be able to give some recommendations for how to go about testing that. DC first and then AC starting at 100khz and going up a few megahertz till I reach the 12.8 max. The eventual load is in theory going to be around 70ohms (halfwave dipole) Any help or online reading refrences would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back