Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: Antenna feeding Network using aperture slots, suitable port for S-parameter simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyFetus

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on an parallel antenna feeding Network which includes aperature slots.
Previously I simulated the feeding network without the apperature slots using lumped ports but I would like to add the slots now.
I am not sure what type of ports can be used here and how it can be placed.

Thanks in advance!

1.PNG

I don't think what you are hoping to do is an adequate step. I think at this point, I would simulate a single antenna element being fed with the feedline/aperture. Once the antenna is optimized, then you can integrate the four into an array.

The antenna element is beeing designed in parallel by someone else.

We did combine the feeding network with the antenna elements to studie the overall performance of the design.

The reason I wan't to implement ports over the aperature slots is to studie the phase difference between the signals reaching the antennas (As shown in the attached image).

1.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back