Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansys HFSS: Driven Modal vs Modal Network Solution Types

Paulpen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please, can someone help me with some clarification? What is the difference between these two solution types in Ansys HFSS: (Driven Modal) and (Modal Network). I am new to the software and using the Ansys Electronics Desktop Student 2023 R2. However, I discovered that in most of the tutorials I watch on youtube, Driven Modal was used. But whenever I try to add it at my own end I can't seem to find that option provided in my version of the software.

Am I doing anything wrong? Most times I get different results from the ones in the tutorials. Could my Modal Network solution type be the problem? Thanks.

I think they are the same. The wave port setting is the same as HFSS 14 that I used before, so I think they just changed the name for newer versions.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back