Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] help with MPLAb, including ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that doesn't work at all, first it says, new serial USB cable found, when trying to install it, the pc have physical dumb...

Hi,

Well two things you might try, first load in the application program PicPro form that disc, start the program up and plug in the programmer.... what happens ?

Also open up windows Device Manager and see if anything else is showing up in the Serial or USB devices relating to the FT232 or if it has a yellow ! icon against it.

please tell me if this product is fine, and recommended to buy (+10$ over the old unknown version):

**broken link removed**

Help is available for such a product?
also, can I operate it on Windows8?

I would recommend avoiding all ICD2 clones, especially concerning future compatibility.

The genuine Microchip ICD2 is NOT compatible with the newer MPLABX IDE, therefore neither are the clones.

I have upgraded all my ICD2s to ICD3s as a result of this incompatibility.

The following programmer/debuggers are compatible with the newer MPLABX IDE:

PICkit2
PICkit3
ICD3
RealICE

Considering Microchip is steadily phasing MPLAB out and if your system is running Windows 8 as an OS, you would be well advised to purchase one of the programmer/debuggers listed above or a compatible high quality clone.

BigDog

hello,

@bigdogguru
I have spent few dollars, and got this:
correct device? is it familiar with you?
i will install it, and post any occuring error

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

too bad i saw your last post after I bought it lol

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 51

:shock:

You probably could have bought a genuine Microchip PICkit2 for what you paid for it.

Return it.

And buy a PICkit2.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.