Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help :: To find the central point

Status
Not open for further replies.

other-side-of-d-moon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys

I have this question for you today, i really tried to solve it but i faced some problems to do so, my question is to find the central point for arbitrary shape, i have this shape and i hope you to help me to find the central point.

Screen shot .JPG

thanks

You can devide your figure in two triangles. you may know the central point (center of gravity) in case of flat sheet material) is the intersection of the medians of the triangle.

Now you have two central points (one for the left en one for the right triangle).

The center of gravity of the total figure is the area weighted average of two centers of gravity. See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_mass

Your drawing is incomplete ... the elements illustrated do not fully specify a quarilateral.
For that you would need two more angles specified ...
However: considering the surface homogenous here is a more analytical approach to compute the center point
x=(x1+x2+x3+x4)/4
y=(y1+y2+y3+y4)/4
where in your case (x1, y1)=(0, 0) ; (x2, y2)=(4,0), and the rest cannot be determined :) in your case....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back