Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help .. PIC16F877A , BRENNER 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyyyaser

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

This is my first mc project , but the mc is not working , I tried every thing and searched the internet for hours , could the mc be damaged because of some error I could've done , knowing that the micro is recognized by the programmed , and I tested the code on proteus and it worked fine .

also , when I save a certain hex file to the micro then load the micro contents to another hex file , the two files contents are similar but not identical , could that be the problem.

one more thing , I have a bad feeling that I can't get things together , I didn't find a good source to have a solid knowledge about how to use the micro , how to connect it , how to program it using mikroC pro , when to use SFR and when to use mikroc library fns , what are the default pin configuration and how to change it (I have seen the micro datasheet and it wasn't very helpful) , if someone knows such source , please tell me.

thanks in advance

Well, you should give us a little bit more informations such as: scheme, code, proteus project, so we can understand your problem and then we can provide a solution to you.

Regards

thanks for your concern , it worked , the crystal oscillator was dead .

I wonder if you could help me with some source to better understand the embedded c and the mikroC pro library fns.

thanks

If the micro is recognized by the computer and you can send the program to it... i believe that the mc is working.

Did you set up the config properly? and added the oscillator? (config is xt if i am not mistaken) don´t forget that in proteus you have the oscillator built in the chip but in reality you don´t.

Make sure you are powering up the Pic decently ^^

*this were my main mistakes when i started... that is why i am asking ;)

Edit: You ninja'd me :D nice one hehe glad it was only the Osc!

On my signature you can see a blog post :S i will keep on adding some projects i have built over time. they are in hi tech c though...

Last edited:
Put in to two diferent places in the code in to while loop these lines below:

' your code
PORTE.0 = 1
'your code
PORTE.0 = 0
'your code

Remember, this is in mikroBasic, so you shold do the same in mikroC. PORTE.0 is just the example for digital output, you can use any other free digital output pin.
After compiling and loading you should connect LED diode with resistor 470 Ohm from this pin to GND. In case MCU is working you should see flashing of the connected LED.

REGARDS

Edit: You ninja'd me :D nice one hehe glad it was only the Osc!

On my signature you can see a blog post :S i will keep on adding some projects i have built over time. they are in hi tech c though...

thanks a lot :] , but I cant find the link in the signature

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Put in to two diferent places in the code in to while loop these lines below:

' your code
PORTE.0 = 1
'your code
PORTE.0 = 0
'your code

Remember, this is in mikroBasic, so you shold do the same in mikroC. PORTE.0 is just the example for digital output, you can use any other free digital output pin.
After compiling and loading you should connect LED diode with resistor 470 Ohm from this pin to GND. In case MCU is working you should see flashing of the connected LED.

REGARDS

thanks very much , It worked fine .

Status
Not open for further replies.