Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help new beginner to learn analog ic design....

Status
Not open for further replies.

triquent

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I study semiconductor device, but i want to change to do analog ic design or rf ic design. where should i begin?
just begin to study the cmos ic books by Allen or Razavi?
I learned semiconductor device and digital circuits course. what else should i learn? should i have knowledge in DSP and control theory or linear theory? :roll:

read some books and paper, do some projects.
no need dsp

if you want start learning analog ic design ...best way start design and do analysis on simple circuit like common source, Source-follower , common-gate amplifier..diff amps.....etc

Start to design a simple 7 transistors Op amp to meet some spec. Learn how to improve Gain, Phase margin and compensation ect. start with hand calculation first and then do simulation in Spice

Johns & Martins' "Analog integrated circuit design" is a good book
with some design examples in the last of each chapter.......

If posible, u can learn to read layout,and then u can do some simulation on simple circuits.

You have a solid base about Device physics, it is important to Analog IC design,

However, if you think you have strong capability about logic, maybe you can begin with digital IC design.

I think the CMOS analog circuit Design is a good book for a beginner.

you have the basic method of device. so you just need some structure of schematic.it's very simple for you!

semi deive , ur base is the good,
the PLL, OMP, ADDA, powermanager are fit u

Thank you for all. I designed some simple digital ICs before(transistor level and layout). I also want to know what basic knowledge i should know before becoming a good analog designer. ex. basic circuit analysis theory, microelectronics circuits. can you help me list those things and recommend some good books? 8O

For basic circuit analysis theory, "Electric Circuits" by Nilsson and Reidel is one of the best (it comes with pspice so you can run simulations and help you learn in developing cicruit analysis skills).

For microelectronic circuits, the best book is "Microelectronic Cicruits" by Sedra & Smith, it is a good book about the fundamanetals of electronics and is also geared for ic designers. Keep in mind this is a good place to start. This book covers stuff like single transistor amplifiers (covers both large signal and small signal), analysis of the 741 opamp, digital logic etc.

-Jayson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back