Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help needed on how to use Relay to switch appliances :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithin kamath

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I am doing a mini project about 'Controlling Some appliances using Mobile Phone DTMF signals ' ... I have'nt started yet.... I am stuck in the concept of relays ... Because i am using it for the first time... Please help me in this concept...

How can i use a Relay to Switch a 220-230V appliance using a 6V input signal...??? Do i need to use any additional components along with a Relay???
If u show me a simple circuit it will be helpful....

Please Help... I have to start the project asap .... :)

First google "6volt relay" and if u dont understand some back, and next tell us how u connecting your phone to relay ?
check this out........**broken link removed**
good luck

Last edited:
ya i googled about this... but did not find what i needed... and even in the link u mentioned... everywhere they have used relays in circuit but did not explain how to use it.. why i am not trying on my own because there is the involvement of 220v AC in the circuit,, if something goes wrong my circuit will be burnt off.... Please can u explain with a simple circuit.. i have attached the remaining part of the circuit:: :smile:

Attachments

• dtmfdecoder_schematic111.jpg
    dtmfdecoder_schematic111.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: dselec

dselec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor