Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in testing ASIC chip using virtex-4 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, i am provided with a board that has both virtex-4 FPGA and ASIC test environment located on the same board(i/o connectonss are routed between the two ), can anyone plase let me know how I could test for the functionality of ASIC chip, if I am given the test benches of ASIC chip/ how do I evalute power and performance of chip using this setup/

Thanks
ARUN

which ASIC chip you need to check...what is its functionality?

The ASIC chip functionality is JPEG, which is designed ang given to me by SYnopsis to perform some tests. It has a several functional blocks like JPEG encoder, decoder, dual port RAM, etcc., Please let me know how could I test this , given the testing environment and virtex-4 fpga are connected on a PCB board. I am only given the test benches of each and every block and also the top level module.

Thanks
ARUN

Status
Not open for further replies.