Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with this dc booster - mobile charger !

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquif1990

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 3.8 volt 11 ampere battery. I built a dc booster circuit, which boosts 3.8 volts to 5 volts. I want to charge my android mobile having 2 ampere battery. As i connect my mobile for charging it shows charging for a few seconds then the charging stops. What could be the possible reasons for that.
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
without load the voltage is 5.06 volts and after applying a load of 5 volt 1 watt the ampere measured in series with the load is 91.555 milli amps.

I uploaded image of my circuit while simulating it.

Hi,

Is it really 11A or do you mean 11Ah?

Android mobile: I assume you talk about USB charging. What USB charging standards does your mobile support?
Does your circuit support (one of) those standard? Did you communicate it correctely?

MC7805Bt is rated with 1A only. But you talk about 2A.
1N4004 is rated 1A only.

You may expect pulsed current drawn by the mobile. Therefore you need to add capacitors at the MC7805 for stability. Especially at it´s output.

"Applying a load of 5V, 1W" .. how did you achieve this? Power (in Watts) is U x I. You need the correct resistor value (Ohms) to achive the correct current and correct power.
For 5V, 1W you need 0.2A of current and thus 25Ohms load resistance. Did you use this?

Klaus

My power bank charging circuit got damaged,so i pulled out lithium battery from it.
lithium Battery is of 11Ah.
you are right i miscalculated the current.

i want to charge it via usb.

i looked up my mobile charger it states 5.1V ,1 Ampere.

Status
Not open for further replies.