Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with Calibre as it is working slowly on Ubuntu 7.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

R00KIE

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I'm trying to setup calibre 2007.2_26, I have defined all environment variables correctly and I've been able to integrate it into Cadence. My problem is that it takes a long time to do whatever I want it to do. What I mean is, if I open it using "calibre -gui" it opens a window asking if I want to load a runset, so far so good, i say no and after that it seems to hang for a long time and eventually it starts working but when I run a DRC it also takes a long time to run and then to load the results, everything else seems to be running fine, I can see the errors and it highlights the errors in Cadence as it should.
Any idea of why it is taking so long to start?

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 with a Turion64 CPU and 1GB of RAM (I know its not much but I'm designing really small cells (so far I'm trying to check just one ELT transistor and its taking forever :( ).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with Calibre

Did you find solution to that?
I had ubuntu and ic610, which runs fine on ubuntu 9.10. But I have been having trouble with my calibre (2008). If you have success story, I appreciate you can share.

Alan

Help with Calibre

My mistake was trying to use it only with the license file, it works just fine if I use a license server.

can you be more detail?
what do you mean by "use it by only with license file"?
My problem is if I enter calibre -gui, a small window pops up right away, with DRC, LVS, PEX etc options. But when I just close it, it issue an error saying "Calibre exiting due to licensing problems acquiring CALIBREINTERACTIVE".

Any idea?

Thanks

Help with Calibre

You can either set the environment variable to the license file or to the address and port of a license server, calibre seems to work much better if it is getting the licenses from a server, thats all.

Cross posting the same problem with different phrasing doesn't help you get an answer faster.

About your problem, check the environment variables, and check that you have a valid license file and that the license server is running and reachable.

Hi,

I'm using calibre Interactive with cadence IC 6.1.4.485.
I had no problem until last week opening it. Suddenly it's taking too long more than 5 minutes to open now. After some investigation, I found it may be due to a license problem. But i haven't changed any license variables in my script files. Also it's acquiring the license and opening, but only after a long time. I'm specifying the license port and server only. Still the same problem. Can you help me on this?

Thank you

Help with Calibre

If the license server is running and everything is setup correctly then I would look at any system updates that happened around the time it stopped working properly. No other ideas here.

Ya recently we had an update for cadence. But it was working fine after that for a few days.....this is taking killing all the time. Can you suggest me anyth else to solve this ?

Thanks

Help with Calibre

I said _system_ updates, maybe some new library version got updated that causes calibre to misbehave.

Also try to start calibre from the cli and check for errors or warnings. Like I said, no other ideas here, it's detective work and that needs to be done locally.

Sometimes this happens when too much time is spent attempting to get a license from the wrong place, and then finally the right one is found. I can't be more specific because I don't have direct experience, but I think it's happened to several people. If you can double check which license servers are being queried first, maybe check for misspelled server names, anything that might cause delays in getting to the right license first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back