Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a X-band detector bias circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneto_cool

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
appcad ma4e2054

Hi

I am currently designing an X-band detector circuit using a MA4E2054-1141 Schottky diode and to have high sensitivity biasing is required for the diode, can anyone help me in the design of an effecitve bias circuit for the detector.

Thank You

Re: Detector Bias Circuit

look for Agilent AppCad, a free software from Agilent. In the Detector Section, there is lot of the Agilent AN's knowledge.
Also, it help on bias design.

Just curious, does similar detector circuits work for wide band? say 25% at Ku-band?

Thanks!

Hi gecky,

I think for simple detection similar circuits should work but you have to ensure that the diode you used for your circuits are able to operate at your desired frequency range.

Regards
Magneto

magneto_cool said:
Hi gecky,

I think for simple detection similar circuits should work but you have to ensure that the diode you used for your circuits are able to operate at your desired frequency range.

Regards
Magneto
Hey, surprised u still monitoring this forum :)

Anyway, I tried similar biasing circuit and it didn't work... rather it works but not over the freq range I want. :)

Hi,

Did you ensure the diode you use can work up to such high frequency cos i remeber not many or at least only a few work at the X-band frequency which i designed my detector.

Regards
Magneto

Hi, yup...the schottky we use is for up to 26GHz app...Avago HSCH-5300. I guess the BW overwhich we are using it is causing the prob

Hi Gecky,

One more thing maybe you could take note is that the detection of a basic detector circuit is like a rectifier circuit which charges to the peak on the positive cycle and discharges via the bleed resistor during the negative cycle and the bleed resistor (or maybe the load resistor in my case) must be very much bigger than the diode's forward resistance to ensure proper detection.

Regards
Magneto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back