Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Transistor for L-Band Power Amplifier Design Using ADS

narayani

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design Microwave Integrated Circuit (MIC) L- Band Power Amplifier at 1.2 -1.6 GHz. I have to get output power more than 30 W, efficiency more than 90% and peak output power of 1.5 kW. Which transistor I need to choose for getting above said parameter. Can I choose LDMOS MRF 284 or LDMOS MRF 282 or UMS custom GaAs HBT or Ericson Si LDMOS PTF 10135 or some other transistor.
Suggest me which is the better transistor.

Attachments

• Transistor_Selection.png
    Transistor_Selection.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 42
These are all discrete transistor datasheets. Which one is better for above said parameter whether GaN or LDMOS. Clarify it.
How to get Design Kit for these transistors? have we to request manufacturer for getting DK or PDK. Clarify it.
If you intend to design a Power Amplifier, you have to know the differences between GaN and LDMOS.
Also...

Learn how to get a simulation model or design kit. Don't you see " Design Support" tab in related component's page ?? If you don't mind, please click the tab...

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back