Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Converting Gif image to an 1:1 scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOHDA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to solve a problem-I found an gif image of an PCB[not at 1:1 scale] and have to convert it to an 1:1 scale for printing and then making an iron press PCB.
The harder way can be redesigning the PCB [as painting with an model!...].The other way can be an some kind of importing or converting to a PCB software,and then convert 1:1 to Adobe.
The problem is the laser printer is not mine and cannot install there an CAD or PCB software for printing,I have to use something like Adobe to prin with very little settings for scaling adjustements.
What you advice?I think this is an problem which can interest many people!

Hi Bohda,

Use the PAINTBRUSH to convert your GIF image on 1:1 scale .
Click on IMAGE ATTRIBUTES UNITS and set CM .
On IMAGE, ENLARGE/INCLINE, you can increase or diminish your GIF image .

Thanks for advice!It's an idea.Mean time I consult my son,he is an software engineer.The gif image is compressed and when resizing it to a smaller one there are a lot of pixels loosed!So the best thing is to redraw in PCB soft and to use with save as .emf ,printing after in Windows Xp tools.
I saw also on net Tractrix progie which make the action I was looking for,but is at a very huge price!This can even take scanned images to convert to PCB!

When you convert data from one format to another you loose accuracy.
First of all you have to ensure the gif image is 1:1 .

Import the gif/bmp imagie into cam software & convert it into routing layer, add soldermask for each pad & via.

Add drills to all the thru hole & via.

Add the ref des & component boundary in silk screen.

Export as gerber file.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back